Consultation and Training
Tailored workshops and training for yoga teacher and helping professionals. Workshops below are examples of workshop content but these can be tailored according to your professional groups needs. Make contact to discuss your needs for development of a tailored program.
Responding effectively and ethically to common mental health disorders
- To understand depression, anxiety and trauma
- To understand the impact that these mental health disorders have on daily functioning
- To consider how to manage disclosures and student expectations of the teacher/student relationship
- To consider referral pathways and understand how to navigate your role when working with individuals with this disorder.
- To understand basic risk assessment procedures used to assess client risk to self and others within your role as yoga teacher.
Relational Approach to Developing Therapeutic relationships
- To consider principles of good working relationships with clients
- To understand how relational approaches can be used to support teacher/student relationship
- To develop skills in formulating teacher/student relationships in order to reflect on effective therapeutic relationships
- To engage in reflective practice in order to consider a case associated with this theme
- To consider how your own personal reformulation impacts on therapeutic relationships within the teaching/student space
Impact on workers and self care
This workshop utilise creative and expressive modalities (such as art, music, movement, sandtrays) in order to develop self care strategies that ultimately support the helping professional maintain positive and effective therapeutic relationships.
- To consider therapist variables when working with clients
- To consider the impact of this work on self
- To consider strategies to ensure therapist self care
- To understand theory of reflective practice and how this can support teachers in this field
Stay in touch for information about upcoming courses and workshops